the journey and lessons from my first bioinformatics tool

Erin and I have recently published a bioinformatics tool (called cobia, please go check it out!), and then we used this tool to examine the consequences of cofragmentation for metaproteomics. This project began around 2.5 years ago (near when I started in Erin’s lab!), and has been an insane learning process. When I started this ‘toy model’, I knew pretty much nothing about mass spectrometry. In this post I want to give a brief, under the hood, description of how this project progressed and write out the lessons I’ve learned during the process.

Read More